Post Care Support Services( PCSS) a free, non-judgmental and confidential service that provides case management, counselling, information and advocacy to support young people and adults who have lived in care
and/or were placed under the Guardianship of the Chief Executive of the Department for Child Protection in South Australia as a child for more than six months. Post Care Support Services is a voluntary service for young people and adults who are 16.5 years and over.
Who can access Post Care Support Services (PCSS)?
The following questions will help you determine if PCSS is the right service for you:
- Were you ever registered as a ‘Ward of the State’?
- Have you ever been placed under the Chief Executive of the Department for Child Protection ( previously Guardianship of the Minister)?
- Were you placed in care under a long term care and protection order?
- Have you ever lived in foster care?
- Have you ever lived in institutional care?
- Have you ever lived in a children’s home or residential care?
- Did you ever live in an orphanage?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions and would like support, please call 1800 188 118 (freecall).
If you are still unsure, call us and we can have a chat about what you need.
What does PCSS offer?
f you are eligible for Post Care Support Services we can assist you anywhere within South Australia or interstate, either through face to face services or via telephone or email.
Post Care Support Services are committed to providing support to meet individual needs and can include the following:
- Housing applications
- Brokerage for counselling
- Identifying pathways to, and gaining, employment
- Accessing vocational and higher education courses
- Reconnecting with family and culture
- Independent Living Skills
- Maintaining healthy relationships
- Accessing State Care records and supported release of information
- Grants Information and Applications
- Therapeutic and social groups
- Connect with various related services that can assist you
Post Care Support Services is a FREE service.
Elm Place: Ground Floor, 191 Flinders Street, Adelaide
Marion: Suite 500a (level 5) Westfield Shopping Centre, 297 Diagonal Road, Oaklands Park.
Salisbury: Shop 8a Salisbury Cinema Complex, Cnr James and Gawler St, Salisbury, SA
Phone: 1800 188 118
Post Care Support Services is provided by Relationships Australia South Australia and funded by the Government of South Australia, Department for Child Protection.